Even though nobody wants to be in a situation where they are broken down with a flat tire, this is something that can happen to any driver at any time. If you do end up with a flat, you need to be prepared to take care of it so you can get back on the road. After you are back up and running, you can then have a brand-new tire outfitted on your vehicle in our MINI service center at MINI of Chicago. Until then, we want to be surethat our customers have some helpful guidelines on safely changing a flat tire.
Changing A Tire
- If possible, pull over on the side of the road as far away from busy traffic as possible, allowing yourself plenty of room to work.
- Gather your jack, tire iron, and spare tire from your vehicle.
- Prior to jacking up your MINI Countryman or MINI Clubman, loosen up all of the wheel lugs on the flat tire.
- Raise the vehicle up with the jack and replace the flat with your spare tire.
- Lower the vehicle back down to the ground with the tire jack and then tighten all of the wheel lugs.
- Double check wheel lug tightness before you drive off.
Handy Tip: If you are not familiar with the best way to jack up your vehicle, you can consult your MINI owner’s manual for the information on the proper jacking points.
Once you are back to driving your car with the sparetire on it, you will need to make an appointment to have a new tire mounted and balanced. Call our MINI service team at (866) 426-3802 and we will set up a time at your earliest convenience. When it is time for your tire service appointment, you will find MINI of Chicago located at 1111 W. Diversey Pkwy in lovely Chicago, IL.